Sutton Swimming Club is
Swim 21 - Accredited
Sutton-in-Ashfield Swimming Club secures Active Ashfield award
On 25/11/10 we were awarded a SILVER award under the Club Accreditation Scheme.
Active Ashfield is a Community Sports Network of local partners all working together to provide opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to get actively involved in sport and physical activity.
Congratulations to everyone involved in the preparation and promotion of the swimming club in readiness for this assessment. This is another tremendous feather in our cap following on from the SWIM 21 accreditation acheived earlier this year.
Sutton-in-Ashfield Swimming Club is Swim 21 accredited
On 30/03/2010 SWIM 21 announced that we had been successfully revalidated for the year 2010/2011.
Once again a big debt of thanks is dued to Sarah Palmer for her continuing efforts in collating and providing the appropriate evidence of our club's development.
In 2009 our club received our certificate declaring that we are Swim 21 accredited. This was a massive achievement for our small, friendly club and all those involved with working towards this accolade should be proud of their achievement.
British Swimming advise that Swim 21 offers the following benefits:
The benefits of becoming a swim21 Accredited Club are mainly seen through the process itself. The programme enhances club management, strengthens the structures and unites the club with a philosophy and programmes that ensures the best environment is available for our swimmers. Some key outcomes and benefits are listed below:
- Enables clubs to help swimmers achieve their full potential. swim21 is a planning tool based upon the needs of swimmers and strives to provide them with the best possible environment.
- National recognition that you are providing a quality service for all your members. National recognition is received through the achievement of swim21 accreditation. As such all swim21 accredited clubs will be listed here (under 'Accredited Clubs') and in ASA publications.
- Recognition by Sport England that your club is safe, effective and child friendly through achievement of Sport England Clubmark Resources
- Resource materials on best practice available to your club - ensuring that your club shows good practice throughout its daily activity. Upon completion of your Audit your club will have access to a wide array of resource materials - in the form of Information Sheets, Templates, Resource Packs and Workshops. These will assist your club through the swim21 programme and beyond - your County Swimming Co-ordinator will direct you to the resources that best match the needs of your club.
- Enhanced access to various sources of funding. Clubs who are working towards or have achieved swim21 Accreditation may be looked upon more favourably when applying for sources of funding. For example, swim21 Accredited Clubs are prioritised to form links with local schools and PESSCL (Physical Education, School Sport Club Links) funding is available to support school-club link projects. In addition it can be used as a negotiation tool with Local Authorities, in terms of seeking additional water time or a reduction in it's cost, as your work towards swim21 may help achieve their objectives in terms of quality service provision.
Other benefits that swim21 Club Accreditation provides for your club:
- Publicity/promotion/recognition and profile
- More members
- More coaches
- More officials/volunteers
- Increased opportunity to secure funding
- A more organised and resourced club
- School/club links
- Greater support from ASA and other networks
- Club sustainability/longevity/development
- Swimmer achievement/development
- A successful method of spreading a club's workload
Well done to all who have made this possible and special thanks to our committee member Sarah Palmer who has been instrumental in achieving this accreditation.